Saturday 28 September 2013

Can You Find Longest Palindrome??

Placements            Placements            Placements!!!

This period of time I.e from September to I guess April is a golden period for all final year engineering students as many companies come to respective colleges paying different amount of salary “k” where k ranges between 2.50 <= k <= 7 lac/annum (at-least in my college).


Today as usual I was heading to my college in 8:24 CST train, in my compartment there were 2 students both were dumb, dumb because one of them was telling to other that “I couldn’t be able to write code for prime number during 1 to 1 PI (Personal Interview)” shit and still this people call themselves computer science majors ...duhh!!!



So I thought why not to write a series of blogs which will showcase some of the challenging problems in CS ranging from simplest to most challenging one's...HOPE THIS WILL HELP!



#1 Longest Palindrome


Problem statement:- Given a string “S”  find longest possible substring “Si” such that
0 <=s<=n
Where n is length of string S and s is length of String Si.


public class LongestSubstring {

    void start( ){
       String s = new Scanner(System.in).nextLine();
       palindrome(s);
   }
  
    public static void main(String[] args) {
       
        new LongestSubstring().start();
    }

    char[][] c;
    int uptr = 0,lptr = 1;
    private void palindrome(String s) {
        char[] str = s.toCharArray();
        c = new char[2][str.length];
        System.arraycopy(str, 0, c[lptr], 0, str.length);
        int j = str.length-1;
        for (int I = 0; I <= j; I++,j--) {
            if( str[I] == str[j] )
                c[uptr][I] = c[uptr][j] = '1';
            
        }
        int res = 0;
        for (int I = 0; I < c[0].length; I++) {
            if( c[uptr][I] == '1'){
                System.out.print(c[lptr][I]);
                res++;
            }
         }
        System.out.println();
        System.out.println("len of largest palindrome = " + res);
    }
}


OUTPUT:



#1 abgaffdgba
Longest palindrome – abgffgba



Stay hungry stay foolish!

No comments:

Post a Comment